I was thrilled to have been contacted by Donna Benedetto, a follower of Chinoiserie Chic, about this gorgeous Chinoiserie dining room she just completed for a designer showhouse in Weston, Connecticut. Donna is an interior designer, a decorative artist, and an antiques dealer. Her hand-painted walls are a modern interpretation of Gracie. She used a silver metallic strie with a chartreuse metallic Chinoiserie design. There are six different stencils on the walls which she plans to have available for purchase on her website. Please click on the photos to enlarge. I love the feel of this room-the mix of fresh clean colors, antiques, and modern pieces. And don't miss all the beautiful elements in this dining room.
1. Blanc de Chine
2. Reindeer moss balls in the white urns on the mantle and sheet moss on the table
3. A neutral rug
4. A casual table and chairs
5. Gorgeous green and white trellis fabric on the chairs-notice the nailhead trim
6. Three mirrors-a white pagoda mirror, a Venetian mirror, and a sunburst mirror
7. The white plates surrounding the white pagoda mirror
8. The mirrored insets on the ceiling
9. The framed botanicals-be sure to check out the marvelous Chinoiserie frames
10. The crystal chandelier and lamps-imagine those reflected in the ceiling mirrored insets and the three mirrors
11. The Chinoiserie china
Please be sure to visit the website of this very talented designer and artist. This is my taste and style in a nutshell-mixing antique and modern in a classic, timeless, elegant, and sophisticated way. Bravo!