Friday, December 4, 2009

Chinoiserie Gift Wrap


Let me be the first to say that while I love gifts that have been beautifully wrapped by the gift giver, my heart does race at a gift wrapped in Tiffany blue, Hermes orange, or Thomas Pink pink. But when it comes to gorgeous papers to wrap gifts myself, my personal favorite is the collection of handmade Japanese papers at the Paper Source. Check them all out here. A great hint-these are wonderful framed. The photo below shows three I did in $4.00 frames from Michael's for my daughter's apartment. This was one of my five budget decorating tips featured on Domino's website.















15 comments:

  1. Simply stunning; they're almost too beautiful to use! I love the idea of framing them though. In fact, I think I may have to order some to do just that! I've still got a ton of blank walls....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These papers are very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love to peruse beautiful papers, but I can't stand to touch them. I can hardly handle wrapping gifts during the holidays. BTW, Picasso is said to have been a hoarder of haute paperie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Paper Source as well! The cinnabar coloured designs are wonderful.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute patterns!! I like the little bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love Cinnabar,

    these lovely wrapping papers make it fun
    to get those jobs done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Averill-Trust me, they are gorgeous framed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna-They are beautiful. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walrus-The bunnies would be great framed in a nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crazy, CRAZY about all those papers! I'm off to their site ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alison-The bunnies come in pink, blue, and gold, and would be wonderful in a nursery or little girl's room.

    ReplyDelete