Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jennifer Jones and Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing


The death this past week of the wonderful and stunning Jennifer Jones at the age of 90 reminded me of a favorite film-Love is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955). Eurasian doctor (Jennifer Jones) falls madly in love with the wrong man-white and married war correspondent (William Holden). With its gorgeous Hong Kong locations, beautiful people, clothes, and cars, and hauntingly timeless song, this classic tear jerker is a Chinoiserie must see. Rent it over the holidays. I has one of the best lines ever-"We shall now drink tea and speak of absurdities."




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I try to rent the movie!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie, especially as I lived in HK, (as a child from 1967). Such a different place now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flick. Jennifer Jones was the epitome of glamour. I only wish more modern actresses had her taste and class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Averill-Glad you like this movie-it's a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is heaven. Thank you so much for the suggestion. Just added it to my netflix que.

    xx,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete