Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Christmas Decorating-Chinoiserie Vignette


The tour of my Christmas decorating continues today with one of my favorites. Here we have a topiary goose feather tree with vintage gold and silver ornaments. Feather trees date back to 1900 in Germany. This lovely modern example was created by Dennis Bauer, one of the country's premier feather tree makers. It sits atop a Chinoiserie black and gold lacquer chest in my living room. Also in the vignette are a wonderful Kosta Boda vase, Chinese calligraphy brushes, my favorite liquer Domaine De Canton French Ginger Liquer, and a modern oil painting by a favorite French artist. This little tabletop tree is a perfect example of how Christmas decorating can be edgy, modern, elegant, sophisticated, green, no fuss, and space saving. Click on the photos to enlarge.







16 comments:

  1. I love how well the gold works with the black and gold chest. It looks so stylishly festive, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree is beautiful, I love the ghost chair and your work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is barking up my tree. I am so fond of using gold & silver this year. Your rendition Beth is much lovelier than mine.Your vignette is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. You're the bomb. I love how you roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    I love your blog!
    that commode is a dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous tree! I love the colors, very stylish and just gorgeous.Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Averill-Thanks. I really love this look too. Very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karena-Thanks so much. This is one of my favorite spots in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb-Thanks so much-glad you like it. I will be doing a post on my huge gold and silver tree in the family room as well. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitty-Thanks for your great comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Irina-Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lidy-Glad you like it and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great vignette with great composition. Also, loved that you stacked the painting on the chest rather than hanging it. Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love each of these posts on your different rooms...each so creatively and beautifully put together. your home reflects the exquisite taste you share on your blog.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lauren-Thanks, I especially like this spot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alison-Thanks for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete