Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Christmas Decorating-Study


My study, painted in Farrow & Ball Radicchio, is always ready for Christmas. Radicchio is a favorite red of mine, a strong red tempered by magenta. It is also the room for my collection of singerie, a French word meaning "monkey trick" depicting monkeys fashionably attired. For the holidays, I decorate a tartan tree for this room. Alexandria has a very long Scottish tradition and one of the biggest events of the year here is the Scottish Walk. I started collecting tartan ornaments when I first moved to Alexandria. Most of these are Ralph Lauren-I especially like the waistcoats and britches. Click on the photos to enlarge.














8 comments:

  1. Love your good humor. Looks like a fun place to work. My study defined by the computer geek (by definition a young person) who came to do some work in that room said, "Wow! Looks like a set on some old Victorian thing on BBC."

    After the holidays, maybe another discussion of your art? Love the jolt of modern and there seems to a theme of this in your rooms. I enjoy that tension. Looks irresistible in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tree (and room!). I'm so loving your personal holiday home tour -- it's been a great excuse to see the inside of your house (I'm such a snoop).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little tree and lovely home office. Thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home Before Dark-Great idea on another art post-I do have an eclectic collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew you called that "singerie" --- I love your room and that monkey pillow .... after the urns go missing that pillow will be next! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady Jicky-Thanks-I'll watch out for you!

    ReplyDelete