Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bold Blue Chinoiserie Inspiration


Having recently completed my Pagoda Bedroom in blue and white, I am now planning my laundry room in blue and white as well. Although I have already found and purchased my wallpaper and fabric that will remain a secret for the time being, I have been focused of course on blue and white rooms with Chinoiserie details for inspiration. Everywhere I look I am seeing bold blue walls. This stunning bedroom is by one of our local D.C. treasures Kelley Proxmire. If you are unfamiliar with her, her look is tailored and sophisticated and always perfection. View her portfolio here. With its dramatic blue walls, crisp white, and beautiful Chinoiserie fabric and garden stool, this is a wonderful combination of modern, traditional, Hollywood Regency, and Chinoiserie. Click on the photos to enlarge them. As you are aware, I am wild about Farrow & Ball paint. Its pigmentation and complexity are without equal. For some gorgeous bold blues, look at Pitch Blue, Drawing Room Blue, Chinese Blue, Stone Blue, and Cook's Blue. You may recall that my shed door is in Chinese Blue here.



30 comments:

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

That color blue is stunning, I love the chair in the last photo.

Greet said...

Your bedroom is gorgeous!

Greet

Vickie H. said...

PERFECTION, indeed! Thank you for sharing! Can't wait to see that laundry room!

Her blues take your breath away! So pretty!

Averill said...

Gorgeous room -- you can never go wrong with blue & white, especially when the blue is F&B's Drawing Room Blue!

Harrison Howard said...

The bedroom by Kelley Proxmire is very striking. Your post took me to her website. Her portfolio is remarkable, and above all she uses beautiful combinations of color and pattern.

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

I'm wild about the fabric - chinoiserie in silhouette is just about perfect, imo!

Kitty said...

I may have already commented on this, but I gasped. It's so totally awesome! Your eye for design blows me away! xo kitty

Kitty said...

...and also, I followed the links back to your laundry room post. Could we get a hit of your garage? Will you please take me in as a boarder and release me from dudeland? Wow.

Scott Fazzini said...

An absolutely classic, and yet fresh, color combo. I can't wait to see pictures of your room when you complete it!

La Petite Gallery said...

This is really Devine.
you have a fab post.

yvonne

lady jicky said...

Very clean and fresh looking!

Karena said...

I love the blue palette in so many color values and hues! Also adore the chinoiserie stool you found at Penney's. (Never thought I would say that!

La Maison Fou said...

Nice contrast, like the shade of bleu, the white crispness and the textures. Have fun doing the laundry room.
Leslie

Style Redux 2 said...

CC-I love slipper chairs and the fabric is wonderful.

Style Redux 2 said...

Greet-Thank you so much!

Style Redux 2 said...

Vickie-Her colors are always superb.

Style Redux 2 said...

Averill-So true-Drawing Room Blue is a great blue.

Style Redux 2 said...

Harrison-Her portfolio is indeed amazing.

Style Redux 2 said...

Alison-I too love this fabric.

Style Redux 2 said...

Kitty-You are so sweet.

Style Redux 2 said...

Kitty-I will do a post on my garage as soon as it's back to normal-using it as a staging area for the laundry room at the present.

Style Redux 2 said...

Scott-Exactly-the bold blue gives it a more modern edge.

Style Redux 2 said...

Yvonne-Such a great take on a classic look.

Style Redux 2 said...

Lady Jicky-Exactly-I think that has much to do with the popularity of blue and white.

Style Redux 2 said...

Karena-I never thought I would have something in my home from JCPenney.

Style Redux 2 said...

Leslie-Thanks-it will be a fun project.

My Notting Hill said...

Love all these strong blues. Really enjoyed the post on Kelley Proxmire - she has done some beautiful show house rooms!

Style Redux 2 said...

Michele-A great local talent.

Stacy said...

so so so pretty, I'm nuts over your canopy ...nuts and jealous!

Style Redux 2 said...

Stacy-Thanks!