Friday, September 23, 2011

Our New Series

Jonathan Berger - Pink Belongs in a Girl's Bedroom, Not Your Entryway
Our new series is entitled, Great Chinoiserie Rooms That Break the Rules in Style. I have assembled dozens of wonderful Chinoiserie rooms that break traditional decorating rules beautifully. The foyer above by Jonathan Berger is a great example of breaking the rule that pink is meant for a nursery or girl's bedroom only. His use of Benjamin Moore Razzle Dazzle on the walls is stunning and dramatic. He mixes it with a Louis XV needlepoint chair and console, an Italian mirror, Chinese porcelain, and a large shell. Oops - I think that's a second broken rule. Aren't seashells just supposed to be used in beach houses?

1 comment:

  1. I am so looking forward to this! I need some fun ideas for my place and as always, you are sure to come through for us.

    ReplyDelete