Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pink and Black Inspiration

Jonathan Berger Entryway in Pink and Black
You know if you follow my daughter and my fashion and style blog Style Redux that I adore the combination of pink and black. Yet it is such an underutilized combination by interior designers doing rooms with Chinoiserie. It is such a natural with all the gorgeous pink Chinoiserie wallpapers out there combined with Chinoiserie elements like black and gold lacquered Chinoiserie furniture, gold mirrors, gold bamboo framed art, and blue and white Chinese porcelain. I hope some of these photos inspire you to try this stunning combination in your own home this year - fabulous for an entryway, powder room, teen girl bedroom, or any bedroom. Men secretly love pink and with black it gives it a sophisticated edge.

My Blog Style Redux in Pink and Black

Me in Pink and Black

My I'm a Giant Challenge Bedroom with Pink de Gournay Walls and Black Leopard Carpet

Pink and Black Bar with Zebrine Wallpaper and Pink Lacquered Chinese Box

Parish Hadley Entryway with Pink Chinoiserie Wallpaper and Black Iron Chandelier and Black Floor Insets

Mary McDonald Entryway with Pink Walls and Chairs, Black and White Zebra Rug, and Blue and White Chinese Porcelain

Elizabeth Bauer Bedroom with Zebrine Wallpaper on Walls and Ceiling and Pink Lampshades

Lilly Pulitzer Store Dressing Room in Pink and Black - Great DIY

Albert Hadley Black "Pagoda" Bookcase and Pink and Black Chair

Joe Nye Flair Table Setting in Pink and Black

Joe Nye Flair Tablescape with Black Chinoiserie Screen, Pagodas, and Pink Flowers and Bags

Joe Nye Pink and Black Tablescape

5 comments:

  1. I love the Parish Hadley Entryway with Pink Chinoiserie Wallpaper. It's like a greenhouse, but not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Parish Hadley Entryway with Pink Chinoiserie Wallpaper. It's like a greenhouse, but not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pinks - very fresh. I want to jump into along fluffy fur-edged silk robe and lounge in the Kelly Wearstler house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture of you! So chic...and I love your DeGournay my challenge bedroom....just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these posts! What I call "hog heaven"!!!

    ReplyDelete