Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Top Ten Chinoiserie Pieces #6


Elle Decor's Top Ten Chinoiserie Piece #6 is this Indochine Etagere by Red Egg pictured above for $1,308. I don't dislike this piece, but I'm not sure I get spending over $6,000 on those Red Chow Nesting Tables that was their pick #5, but spending far less on a major piece like this. I would put the money into one of these stunning high end Chinoiserie etageres below at Kristen Buckingham, The Well Appointed House, or Anne Selke. I have also shown some great well priced versions. Another idea I love is to find a vintage rattan etagere on Craiglist, etc. and paint it a hot color like orange.

Pair of rattan etageres in a room by Meg Braff

Massive Hand Carved Teak Etagere at Kristen Buckingham with Chinese Lattice

Chinese Chippendale Etagere at The Well Appointed House - now 20% off

Pagoda Etagere by Anne Selke for Vanguard

Red Iron Pagoda Stackable Etagere - I used this in my daughter's apartment

Hermes Orange Vintage Etagere at the Tweaked Home

Vintage Faux Bamboo Etagere that recently sold at LIV Vintage for $150

Check out all the great vintage examples at Circa Who

Circa Who

1 comment: