Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Favorite Chinoiserie Dining Room


No matter how many dining rooms I see, this one by Andrew Raquet remains my favorite. He combines traditional Chinoiserie elements like Gracie hand painted Chinoiserie wallpaper, pagodas, foo dogs, and Greek key with unexpected choices like a striped rug and faux bois fabric on the chairs. "Faux bois," French for false wood, adds a subtle organic quality. The fabric is by Quadrille - Alan Campbell's Meloire Reverse. The wonderful soft palette he uses keeps all these elements in check.

We have now looked at my favorite Chinoiserie entryway, dining room, kitchen, powder room, work space, laundry room, dressing room, bathroom, and bedroom. All that is left is the living room and we will be ready for a wrap-up post combining them all.


2 comments:

  1. It IS just the loveliest. If I could have it in pinks with some blue I'd be over the moon.

    ReplyDelete