Tuesday, July 3, 2012

One Room Challenge: Mint Green

Mary McDonald
Many of you have inquired about my mint green kitchen wall paint color. The color is Benjamin Moore #457 called Icy Morn. It has two meanings for me this morning because the power came back on late yesterday afternoon and I awoke to a deliciously cool house. I love this color - it works unbelievably well with Chinoiserie - a perfect backdrop for blue and white Chinese porcelain, black and gold lacquered pieces, celadon, and Chinese red. Here are three mint green Chinoiserie rooms as examples. I have used this color for clients in a nursery and in a sun porch and it was lovely. I also predict that mint green will be a big color in 2013.

Mint Green Chinoiserie Wallpaper

House Beautiful

Benjamin Moore #457 - Icy Morn

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The second image is breathtaking.
    Happy 4th.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the AC, and thanks for the color #. I guess you will be busy cleaning out the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful..do you have twitter or fb to follow with??

    If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my new post:)

    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the most divine shade of mint green I've seen yet! It looks so fresh - I must find a place for it! Have a happy 4th, Beth!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree ... Mint Green is it ... and so much more fabulous than the Seafoam green of the 70's!! So happy you have your power back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your power! Bummer! Loving the mint green! I think it will be a big color too!!!

    ReplyDelete