Friday, August 31, 2012

DIY Chinoiserie Bedroom

Elle Decor
I love the simplicity of this Chinoiserie bedroom and the great news is you can do this yourself, without breaking the bank. First, wallpaper with a Chinoiserie wallpaper. Wonderful well-priced paper is out there - I am a big fan of Thibaut. Or stencil the walls with Chinoiserie - did you see this stenciled powder room? With some artistic ability, you can even paint the walls yourself like Mrs. Blandings here or Gorgeous Shiny Things here.

Add the Pottery Barn Teen Maison Canopy Bed (also available in white) starting at $499. We used this in my daughter's apartment and I just bought one for my guest bedroom and I love this bed. It is wonderful draped - very French or left bare - very architectural.

Add the fabulous and so cheap Ikea Maskros Pendant Lamp at $39.99.

The simple white bedding and roman shade are easily found at every price point.

If space and budget allow, reupholster a vintage settee in lavender and add pillows.

Thibaut Gatehouse Newman in Mint

Worthwhile Domicile

Mrs. Blandings

Gorgeous Shiny Things


Pottery Barn Teen Maison Canopy Bed

Ikea Maskros Pendant Light

5 comments:

  1. A lovely bed and I love the Chinoiserie painted walls.

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. How difficult (expensive) is it to have someone pad and upholster the headboard? I love the Lilly Pulitzer canopy, and of course the Oly ones, but the price point on this PB bed is amazing...and maybe the metal could be guilted, too? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful inspiration room and execution plan, Beth! sign me up. Love that stencil!!!!!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those ideas! I feel a guest room makeover coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can't decided which of those wallpapers I love the BEST!

    ReplyDelete