Monday, December 31, 2012

Chinoiserie Chic's Color of the Year - Navy

Ralph Lauren
I have chosen Navy as Chinoiserie Chic's Color of 2013. Classic and elegant, it pairs beautifully with every other color - coral pink, blush pink, raspberry, orange, white, kelly green, mint green, brown, yellow, ice blue, turquoise - it is in fact a fabulous neutral. Its undertones make it one of the most flattering colors. It works in any room of the house and can be masculine or feminine. Men love it! It is amazing with Chinoiserie - blue and white Chinese porcelain, celadon, blanc de Chine, and lacquered furniture.

This week we will look at dozens of rooms combining navy and Chinoiserie, inspiration boards, and my top navy paints, wallpapers, fabrics, art, accessories, and furniture. Check out my new Pinterest board on navy here. Move over Honeysuckle Pink, Tangerine Tango, and Emerald Green (Pantone's last three colors of the year), there is a new kid in town - Navy Blue.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! 2013 ~ I vow to add some navy blue to my decor this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! This is gonna be FUN!!! Thanks Beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice and thank you for a year of wonderful posts. Happy 2013

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the blue and white craze I would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love navy. And you had us all stumped! I raise my glass of champagne and ginger liquer in a toast to your ever-inspiring blog. Thank you for sharing with us and a very blissful new year to you.

    ReplyDelete