Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Odds and Ends


I'll bet my interior design savvy followers can help me identify this blue and white elephant toile. Any ideas? It reminds me of John Robshaw, but I can't locate it.

You know how much I love combining abstract modern art and Chinoiserie. Small pieces are wonderful in gallery walls, but they also work beautifully in a bookcase or on a piece of furniture. Here is my new work by Kerry Steele in my living room bookcase. I framed it in an acrylic frame from Michael's for about $5.

Below are other examples of combining small abstracts and Chinoiserie as well as some pieces currently available by Kerry Steele starting at $15 - $25. A budget friendly way to start a collection of modern art. Modern art is my very favorite way of freshening a room.

Kerry Steele abstract in my living room


Joe Nye

Tiffany Richey






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Beth...I love Kerry's works of art and color palette.

    xoxo
    Karena
    2012 Artists Series

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, did anyone identify that fabric with the elephant toile on it?
    I saw the fabric on the Paris trade show site Maison Objet.
    http://www.maison-objet.com/en/mo-editeurs_presentation/
    It doesn't identify the fabric, but may give you a lead if you can read enough French to negotiate through the site.
    Best, Ellen

    ReplyDelete