Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Acrylic, Lucite, and Chinoiserie


I love the combination of Lucite/acrylic and Chinoiserie. It adds Hollywood Regency glamour and a modern element without taking up any visual space. It is a perfect choice in a studio apartment or a small room because it tends to disappear in the space. I once used four ghost chairs in a dining room of a client where there was a beautiful water view. You could see right through them from the living room to the water. Well priced choices abound at places like CB2, Ikea, and Target. CB2's Peekaboo Collection has become a classic. I also love the idea of framing Chinoiserie panels in acrylic sheets as Little Green Notebook did shown here for a more modern vibe. If the budget allows, Jonathan Adler's Jacques Collection is amazing.

I have created a Pinterest board on the subject. Tomorrow is the last day to enter my giveaway here.












5 comments:

  1. Especially in love with the bar carts!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the table with the Greek Key. Great post
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the bar carts are an elegant addition to the living and entertaining area in any house!
    Love the Greek Key and Elephant Ice Bucket, also the green Foo Dog is fab!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lucite bar cart. I really love it but have replaced it with a brass cart. It's in the corner of my dining room and I wanted something with more visual weight than the lucite. Now to sell it on Craigs List!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love acrylic and lucite combinations. The desk and tray/coffee table combo are my fav.s!

    ReplyDelete