Monday, January 20, 2014

Pink and Gray in the Spotlight


Everyone seemed to love the pink and gray post yesterday and especially this entryway by Tom Scheerer. It features grisaille wallpaper in shades of gray, a Wiliam IV pier table, and a pair of coral slipper chairs by Billy Baldwin.

My favorite touch is the pair of sconces with lampshades covered in the grisaille paper and lined in coral pink. I am generally not a big fan of patterned lampshades, but these are very much an exception. I do love lining lampshades in pink silk - the pink makes the whole room glow.

An even easier way to get that flattering soft pink glow - pink light bulbs. BTW, they are colored bulbs and not covered by the phase-out of incandescents. My favorite are the 50/100/150 Slyvania that I order by the box here. I use them in every lamp in my house.


I have added a new Pinterest board on Pink and Gray here and you can follow me on Pinterest here.

3 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite hallways.. that wallcovering the sconces..perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved this hallway since the first time I ever saw it. So classic yet so fresh. It is the attention to detail in that hallway that makes it so great and a good reminder as a designer that those tiny details make all the difference. I also love that you shared one of your little attention to details in your own home. Love the pink bulbs and use to use those but quit when my husband complained. I have always wanted to start back using them and now you have prompted me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, we were separated at birth! I have done pink bulbs for years not for design purposes but coz they make me look softer & younger & they hide dust..... Love me a pink lined shade too.

    ReplyDelete