Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow Week Shopping Finds


Despite the snow and frigid temperatures in DC this week, I found two lovely treasures for my home.

Ages ago I posted on this gorgeous Dana Gibson ikat ginger jar above that I saw on One Kings Lane. By the time I found it, it was sold out. Then the other night on One Kings Lane, this ikat ginger jar below appeared and I promptly ordered one. It is being delivered today. The colors will be beautiful in my living room. Not exactly the same, the one above is painted metal and the one below is ceramic, but close enough for me.



I popped into one of my thrift store haunts yesterday after getting dug out from the snow and found this darling vintage wicker torso for $10.00. Wicker breasts. ;-) I thought it would be fun in my laundry room adorned with necklaces.

For me, a bit of shopping, online or in person, is just the cure for cabin fever. Hope any of you hit by this snow storm are safe and warm. My Tibetan Spaniel Izzy can't get enough of the snow.







5 comments:

  1. Love your bust find! Also could be great used in the summer for holding sun hats! Score.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wicker bust - what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! I have chair covered in the fabric from Dana & a roll of the wallpaper I plan to frame. Lovn' the vase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wicker bust is fabulous! And Izzy is absolute the cutest thing!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to have found your blog; I'm in Arlington. I'm like Izzy, can't get enough of the snow!

    ReplyDelete