Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Fun Chinoiserie Mix

Coastal Living
Yesterday I posted on a beautiful red, white, and blue dining room by Christopher Maya. Here is another red, white, and blue space with a super fun vibe. It showcases one of my favorite Chinoiserie wallpapers, Osborne & Little's iconic Summer Palace.

Iconic pieces abound in this space. An orangey red is used on the classic barrel chairs, Moroccan pouf, and zig zag rug. Mid century modern pieces are in the mix including Bertoia chairs and a Saarinen tulip table. An iMac, of course.

Osborne & Little's Summer Palace
Not from this room, but look what Palmer Weiss has done with this Bertoia chair - a cushion with Greek key trim.

Th bottom line is that Chinoiserie works with everything!

Palmer Weiss

2 comments:

  1. I'm not progressive enough for wallpaper on a ceiling. But I do loooooove that Summer Palace. I wish it were fabric!

    ReplyDelete