Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Fabulous Chinoiserie DIY


This wicker elephant table sold this week on One Kings Lane for $355. As you can see, the wicker is damaged on top at one spot. I just bought the exact same one on eBay for $42 in natural wicker in perfect condition that is going in my One Room Challenge Chinoiserie Man Cave. I have seen painted ones listed on One Kings Lane as high as $450. The color on these is not original; they are newly painted.

This is a no brainer. Find one on eBay, Etsy, CL, an estate sale, or wherever and spray paint it yourself and save hundreds of $$$. I do think it's fun and functional that this one above has a glass top which of course makes it more practical for drinks.

Here is some color inspiration. In the bottom photo is one in natural wicker styled by Jamie Meares that looks exactly like the one I just scored.








Jamie Meares

2 comments:

  1. I really am loving jamie's in its natural state!

    xoxo Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE this! Can't wait to see the final reveal of your ORC!!!

    ReplyDelete