Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Chinoiserie Fireplace

Christopher Leach
Temperatures have really cooled off here in DC and my thoughts have turned to my fall wardrobe and toasty fires in the fireplace. I love the mantel display in the London flat of Christopher Leach with its collection of mini foo dogs. Speaking of Brits, will I be seeing any of you at the Hugh Laurie (House) concert tomorrow night at the Birchmere?


The mantel/fireplace is such a perfect place for displaying Chinoiserie - blue and white Chinese porcelain, foo dogs, a Chinese garden stool, a Chinoiserie mirror - I have a Pinterest board with lots of inspiration here.

John Stefanidis

Claydon House

Rosaline - This is Glamorous

Jane Lilly Warren


3 comments:

  1. I love a fireplace and what a beautiful way to display Chinoiserie!

    xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designer Series

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now...that's a fireplace mantel!! I can walk to the Birchmere...alas, out of town :( franki

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOO jealous you're getting to see Hugh Laurie.

    ReplyDelete