Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits-Morsels of Chinoiserie Inspiration


Today I bring you six great Chinoiserie ideas for your home.

First, above is the latest from Caspari-Chinoiserie Blue. So pretty!

Love framed botanicals but want a Chinoiserie flair-parrot tulips are a natural.


Here is my Annie Selke gold pagoda bed but done in Robert Allen's Crystal Lake. Wonderful fabric, but the bed is so stunning on its own, not sure the fabric doesn't detract from it. But this a great Chinoiserie toile for the price.


I love this idea from Martha Stewart-use vintage and new Chinoiserie tea cups, bowls, and plates to organize your jewelry drawer.


Have you seen Anne Harwell's latest work of art? I love it. One of these Frances Elkins loop chair prints is going to end up in my house.


Recall my post showing those gorgeous huge houndstooth curtains? Here we have oversized houndstooth fabric used for a bedskirt.


(Courtesy Martha Stewart, Annechovie, New York Social Diary)

12 comments:

  1. I simply could NOT resist that Caspari line....ordered a bunch of it just to have on hand.! And the Floral Trellis is very nice as well. Love this post, and while the bedding is wonderful, I agree with you that the bed needs to stand on its own..it is so lovely. Anne Harwell is sooo talented. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh. You are ahead of me with the Caspari...hadn't seen this line yet. I love the organization with the tea cups a-la Martha Stewart.Strong post Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That houndstooth bedskirt is fanastic! It really makes the entire room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled upon this site and I am drooling over all of the lovely photos you have here. I can't wait to come back for a more lengthy visit! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tidbits of chinoiserie inspiration. I just posted some chinoiserie lovelies of my own.
    ~xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vickie-Glad you are a fan of Caspari and Anne Harwell-both essentials in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa-Thanks. Caspari never fails with its wonderful products-I am always picking up their napkins and especially their guest towels. Loved your last post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Averill-I'm on the lookout for it-love this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cyndy-Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete