Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More Blue and White Chinoiserie


I had a great find this week already. The lovely blue and white garden stool completes this corner of the Pagoda Bedroom. The child's chaise was originally in my daughter Kate's nursery. I reupholstered it in a wonderful Brunschwig & Fils fabric I had. The chair I found at Luckett's (for you in the DC area) for $55 and painted it in Farrow & Ball Skylight and covered the seat in a Cowtan & Tout fabric I had in my stash. When I see beautiful fabrics at great deals, I pick them up and have them ready for future projects. The garden stool I had used in my guest post on The Shiny Pebble for her dining room virtual makeover. I was thrilled to find it at a local store Random Harvest at 50% off. I think this corner of the bedroom is perfect now and I am so pleased that I was able to upcycle two old pieces of furniture as well. Click on the photo to enlarge it.

13 comments:

home before dark said...

Charming, sentimental in the best meaning of the word, savvy in style and $$$. I say way to go CC!

bazaarofserendipity said...

You totally scored! Someone is a happy lady :-)

www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

The Shiny Pebble said...

Wow, it looks perfect right there in between both all of the prints. The broader design makes it pop. And what a cute chaiz lounge (sp?) from your little girl's room. It is amazing what reupholtering can do to update a perfectly well made piece of furniture. Someday my challenge will turn into reality, but until then, I will have to live vicariously thru your updates!

rosiecampbell said...

You did a beautiful job!

Kathysue said...

the stool was the perfect touch. Love it!! Kathysue

ashlina {the decorista} said...

blue and white are so blissful to me....
im not sure if chinoiserie goes with zebra, but im giving away a zebra rug on my blog site today! come by and enter...maybe your daughter could use it too..its really cute!

xoxo

Style Redux 2 said...

Home Before Dark-Thanks, glad you approve!

Style Redux 2 said...

Bazaar of Serendipity-Thanks, I love it!

Style Redux 2 said...

The Shiny Pebble-It was fate finding the stool after using it on my challenge design.

Style Redux 2 said...

Rosie Campbell-Thanks so much!

Style Redux 2 said...

Ashlina-Great giveaway!

Pussy said...

Very stylish

Style Redux 2 said...

Pussy-Thanks!