Wednesday, May 7, 2014

One Room Challenge - Week Six - The Chinoiserie Man Cave Reveal



Welcome to the finale of the One Room Challenge. For those of you who have been following along, you know that I chose to transform our former family room into a Chinoiserie Man Cave for my husband. For those of you just joining me now, you can see the entire process here.

Thanks so much for stopping by for the One Room Challenge reveal. First, I would like to thank our fearless leader and den mother Linda of Calling It Home for all the time and effort she puts into making these a success. I suspect few of us comprehend the hours she puts into these challenges. I would also like to thank Jennifer of The Pink Pagoda for her beautiful graphics work.

I have a wonderful photo gallery of the room to show you. Thanks to my photographer Crystal Downs for making the room come to life with her photography.

I'd also like to thank the sponsors of the One Room Challenge and my own sponsors who provided pieces for the room.

1. The antler painting above the mantel is by Marquin Campbell of Marquin Designs. This is one of my favorite pieces in the room. I told Marquin about my black and white photographs of cows and rams above the flat screen television and she created this painting to go with them. It works perfectly with the other art.

2. The Greek key throw is from Charlotte & Ivy. I have throw blankets on all my sofas - I love to use one when I am watching television or reading. This is in cotton and perfect for all year round. The Greek key design is so elegant.

3. The sputnik chandelier is custom made in raw brass by Lucent Lightshop. I could not be more pleased with this piece. This Etsy shop is the best - gorgeous mid century modern lighting at great prices custom made to your wishes. This room does not get much natural light and it has transformed it.

4. The Chinoiserie toile pillows were custom made for me by Leslie Price, a designer and residential real estate stager. You can find her blog and information on her services here. The workmanship is first class.

5. These four pieces of art are from Minted. Their selection of limited edition art is extensive and they have custom framing available. I am delighted with what I got from them and look forward to working with them again.





6. The sheepskin rug in front of the fireplace is from Lamps Plus. They have so much more than lamps - a huge selection of things for the home.

7. The four flanking black and white photographs above the TV are from Lucy Snowe Photography. I really like her work and would love more of her pieces for clients and for myself. She was great to work with.

Next week I am planning on doing a post with information and sources on other items in the room.

I hope you enjoy my Chinoiserie Man Cave. To be honest, I wasn't completely sure if I would end up loving this room as I need color and pretty girly things, but, as it turns out, I really do love it and I hope you will too. I think it shows that a space designed for a man can be neutral and masculine, but still elegant and sophisticated, with some fun and whimsy. And I even managed to sneak in lots of great Chinoiserie pieces.















































The man cave has become Izzy's favorite room

I can't wait to see everyone's reveals. I think Linda put together a really great group of participants and I'm expecting some fabulous rooms -

54 comments:

  1. Woweeeeee ...... Being a night owl has it's perks!!! Love this man cave for your man !!!! Every lovely little detail and all the big impactful pieces. Brava!!!
    - Linda, ny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could live in that room! Really Beth, you out did yourself. STUNNING!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!!! the first photo was WOW then I got to see all the fabulous details the old books, the rattan elephant, the bar trolley and I especially love the tortoiseshell frames and candle, Oh and the bar trolley, truly the perfect man cave your husband must be thrilled! I have so enjoyed following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is room is stunning! This is one of the nicest man caves I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Wow” is definitely the first word that is popping into everyone’s head. You hit it out of the ballpark, Beth! Hope your husband appreciates all of the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your husband will be eternally grateful to you for this room. I can't imagine any man not loving this space. You did an amazing job and I love all of the thoughtful details. You know, a piece of driftwood would have worked in this space, too. The pictures of Izzy are also stunning. Well done. Now let's hit that bar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the details in your room are incredible! It looks like you put thought in to every piece and and they are perfectly placed. I love you take on the "man cave" and the colors are fantastic! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Your husband must be elated. I love all the details. You put so much thought into this and it really shows. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this room! The details are great but I especially love that you found a way to make leather and Chinoiserie play together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING! I love this room so much. Yet another magazine worthy spread. So much goodness going on in here. Love how you incorporated so many awesome vignettes into the room. Awesome job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous room! You totally rocked the theme. Great concept with excellent execution. Top shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love every single thing! There is so much eye candy in that room I can't choose my favorite . Your husband is one lucky guy. Beautiful, just beautiful, Beth. You have outdone yourself this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You more than nailed the curated look! I love it! Beautiful example of 'god is in the details'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you did a fabulous job!! Right out of a magazine......you must be thrilled. I love how interesting the room is, at every turn there is something to take note of and explore. I love a layered room that holds your interest...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beth! This Man Cave is exquisite, and so luxurious!! The details and accessories are absolutely AMAZING, I keep re-reading and seeing new things I love each time! You did an amazing job with this room... it truly looks like it is right out of a magazine! Great work, and congratulations!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  16. Leave it to you Beth to create an chic man cave infused with Chinoiserie! Such talent to achieve this 'collected over time' look in six weeks! The art and accessories you've brought together give it such character! Lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks so great! Awesome photography!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously gorgeous! Beautiful styling and love all the little details! Thanks for the mention about the pillows. It's all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going to have to read this post more than a few times to soak up all the layers and details- so many beautiful little moments happening. I love love the bar cart and all of your delicious accessories...lucky man you have there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This room is beautiful! You did an amazing job...Loving all the artwork and layering. I bet this will become the most popular room of the house. It's so cozy and chic. Congratulations! The photos are fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not a man but I LOVE this room! It's so stylish, love all those beautiful decorative objects... Congratulations for this beautiful achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is one fancy man cave! Love the light and all the texture. The tiny ghost chair is killing me... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning! You are miracle worker!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful manly space. :) You balanced both sexes perfectly. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. There are so many gorgeous things, I just don't even know where to start. I seriously hope your hubby is taking you on vacation for this...to Paris or someplace great! I've never been this envious of a man cave before!!!!

    XO,
    Krista
    www.goodwillglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a fantastic,stunning and one of a kind room you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I love it all from the zebra to float to juju hat. What an amazing space! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful room! I love the combination of chinoiserie and masculine elements! I can't stop admiring the accessories in that room!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love each and every piece. I could go shopping from your room!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome Beth!! I'm obsessed with the Zebra print!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lucky husband you have! What a wonderful room! I love all of the items you used to style the room and the art!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fab and chic man cave!! Love all your details and the art work really pops in this room.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You've created one awesome man cave! Such a great mix of masculenity and elegance!! It's been so fun to follow along with this ORC (and to particpant in the link party), and this reveal was for sure worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beth, I liked your room before you even did anything to it! Wow, every inch of this room is full of design inspiration that I know my husband would die for, ha! The details are stunning, from the batten elephant to the zebra painting (I have a zebra photograph my grandfather took on one his sharia's he use to lead in Kenya)you didn't miss a beat! I love all the photos and your dog, for I just took way too many photos of my ORC and my dog Bailey is in several. :) Cheers to a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just beautiful!!

    I wouldn't consider myself a huge Chinoiserie fan but with the more "man cave" feel, I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. this. is. insane. INSANE. so much deliciousness that i cannot stop staring at all of the elements in the room. absolutely delicious. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Whoa nellie....hold on girl. That's not a man cave it could be MY CAVE! Love it so much...."RL" would be proud and he sure could use your styling! Love the art and all of the vintage touches. Damn.....

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great job and great photos! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great work! I love your use of texture and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is greatness...masculine tones, but feminine details...not an easy combo to pull off, but you did it oh so well! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beth! There is so much good stuff here I don't know where to begin! Such an incredible room! I have looked at photographs and looked and looked at photographs and LOOKED at photographs of this space till my eyes glazed over!!! Can't get enough of it! Perfection at every turn. I have so many questions about sources! You know how I adore those "one of a kind" happy accidents that you are so fortunate to stumble upon every time you turn around! You have inspired me to change my hearth now, and that is just the beginning! Huge success here! Lucky guy who comes home to this every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The beauty is in the details. From that first stunning shot down to each vignette, everything just comes together beautifully. That fabric on the pillows is so fantastic! Wish this was my man cave.

    ReplyDelete
  43. There are so many elements I love in this space. Congratulations on a handsome, warm room. Your husband must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  44. So many details! Have viewed repeatedly and see something new every time. This is a tour de force of creativity, daring and style.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, I'm in awe! How on earth did you manage to create such an amazingly complete and gorgeous room in just six weeks?! It looks like it's been curated over years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. OH MY GOSH1 Hav ego come back and spend the day! You have outdone yourself here!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  47. You've done something so different from the rest of your house and done it masterfully!! I absolutely LOVE every bit of it. Your husband must be so happy and appreciative! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Woo hoo! Who wouldn't want to hang in that man cave! I love how you pulled all these elements together to create such a stylish and interesting room for your husband. I feel like I need to stare at your photos for the next hour just so all those amazing details can really sink in. I absolutely love this room.
    Tricia // Suburban Bitches

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow! This is such a beautiful room. The art work alone could have me on this post for hours. I love all your attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Holy Safari Batman!!! Okay, I'm really late to the party b/c I finally just snuck my room onto to the link up yesterday, but I've been dying to come check out you room! It is amazing and I'm sure your husband is thrilled! All of your details are perfection and I must say that I adore all of the artwork! Man, to be a fly on the wall if your husband could have a brandy in here with Earnest Hemingway, JFK, Don Draper and JFK Jr (I added him b/c I wouldn't mind gazing at him)! LOL! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. WOW!!!!! This is the only man cave I've seen so far that I would love to 'take away" from the men!!!! Love it Beth! you are amazing! I love that you still maintained the 'manliness" despite all it's classic feminine appeal all around the room!

    ReplyDelete