Monday, February 4, 2013

One Room Challenge - The Chinoiserie Chic Powder Room


I am once again participating in the One Room Challenge which launches on Wednesday. I have chosen my powder room. Twenty interior designers, interior design bloggers, and DIY bloggers will have six weeks to transform a room of their choosing from start to finish.

My room is profoundly ugly. It is actually a second powder room in the house - a tiny little room off the laundry room and garage obviously done by the last owners on the cheap as a little spot to wash up after working in the garden. With three other bathrooms in the house, I have chosen to ignore its existence to date.

This challenge is a great opportunity to give it some much needed attention. I hope to create a Chinoiserie Chic powder room with lots of creativity and Chinoiserie and not a lot of $$$. I hope you will follow this little decorating adventure.

To see my Chinoiserie Chic kitchen from the last One Room Challenge, click here. Below are powder room photos from my files I am using for inspiration. Come back on Wednesday to see before photos of the ugly duckling and my inspiration board.

Post Number 2 - One Room Challenge - Powder Room Inspiration
Post Number 3 - One Room Challenge - Week 1 - Inspiration Board
Post Number 4 - One Room Challenge Week 2 - The Powder Room Gets a Fresh Start
Post Number 5 - One Room Challenge Sneak Peek
Post Number 6 - One Room Challenge - Week 3 - Chinoiserie!
Post Number 7 - One Room Challenge - Week 4 - The Devil is in the Details
Post Number 8 - One Room Challenge - Week 5 - Styling, Scale, and Working With What You Have
Post Number 9 - One Room Challenge - Week 6 - Finishing Touches
Post Number 10 - One Room Challenge - Reveal Sneak Peek
Post Number 11 - One Room Challenge - The Reveal & a Surprise Giveaway

Charlotte Moss

Trouvais

Lynn Anon



11 comments:

  1. I know it will be amazing. I can't wait to follow along. Good luck! - Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe that you have an ugly....anything in your home. Now I'm curious to see the before. I an in need of a powder room makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see. Treat it like a little jewel box!
    hooper patterson
    www.birdsofafeatherdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to this. I remember from my days working in advertising that the smallest budgets often were the most creative. Choosing not to throw lots of $$$$ at something for whatever reason, often feeds a more creative environment. I know this one will be most chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powder room makeovers are so fun! Looking forward to seeing your space, Beth!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh so exciting! Do you know if it's too late to participate? I'm re-doing my office and would love to join in on the fun.

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza Beth. This is going to be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just curious how you get involved in this? I am creating a beautiful nursery in my house which would be cool to enter!

    Lauren
    sidebysidedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh cannot wait to see what you do ... love the mirrored wall wainscoting and the pink ceilings!! Here we Go! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just read about the one room challenge on Jennifers blog, Can not wait to see what you come up with. I love to design bathroooms, one of my favorites. I know it will be inspiring and beautiful,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete